Your massage session is personalized to you. Your massage will integrate several different principles (see below), providing the exact rehabilitative work your body needs.
- Pre/Post Natal massage is specifically tailored to the expectant mothers’ needs.
- Rehabilitative massage is used when soft tissues of the body are causing pain and/or dysfunction. Each session is designed specifically to the clients’ needs. Techniques include: cross fiber friction, trigger point therapy and compression.
- Shiatsu massage (also called Acupressure) is a Japanese system of applying finger pressure to specific points that lie along acupuncture meridians.
- Sports massage is designed to enhance athletic performance and recovery. There are three contexts in which sports massage can be useful to an athlete: pre-event, post-event and injury treatment.
- Swedish massage is a system of long strokes, kneading and friction techniques on the more superficial layers of the muscles, combined with active and passive movements of the joints. The four strokes of Swedish massage are effleurage, petrissage, friction and tapotement.
- Chair massage is administered while the client is clothed and seated in a specially-designed chair. It allows the massage therapist to massage the muscles of the back, neck, shoulders, arms and hands.
|*$10 off your first session|
Auto insurance and workers compensation will be accepted with a prescription from your medical doctor or chiropractor. Most medical insurance companies will not pay for massage.